|DRAFT CSC, Title 25. Maritime & Marine Resources|
Inshore-Nearshore Fishing Program
§ 1501. Establishment.
§ 1502. Scope of Instruction.
§ 1503. Lease- Purchase Agreement.
§ 1504. Administration.
§ 1505. Annual Appropriation.
There is hereby established an inshore-near shore fishing program (the Program) for the purpose of procuring fishing vessels from the Chuuk
Source: TDL 26-1-3, § 1 (71), modified.
Editor's note: TDL 26-1-3 that created this Chapter was signed into law by the District Administrator on August 9, 1976.
The Program shall include a course of instruction to encompass the following areas:
(1) Use, maintenance, and repair of ferrocement vessels;
(2) Diesel engine design, function, operation, maintenance, and repair;
(3) Operation of vessel and seamanship;
(4) Fishing techniques, equipment, and supplies, and
(5) Business management and marketing.
Source: TDL 26-1-3, § 1 (72), modified.
Upon the completion of the course of instructions, successful graduates shall be eligible to enter into lease-purchase agreements for the vessels used in the Program. The administrators of the Program shall proffer such agreements to graduates who have demonstrated ability during the course of instruction to employ the skills acquired to operate a successful inshore-nearshore fishing enterprise. The terms of the agreement shall be within the discretion of the administrator of the Program.
Source: TDL 26-1-3, § 1 (73), modified.
(1) The Chief of the Chuuk State
(2) Any funds received from the lease-purchase agreements shall be retained by the Division of Marine Resources to be used in continuing the Program.
(3) Students of the Program shall be entitled to six dollars ($6.00) per working day during the course of instruction as allowance.
Source: TDL 26-1-3, § 1 (74), modified.
There is hereby authorized an annual appropriation out of the General Fund of Chuuk State
Source: TDL 26-1-3, § 1 (75), modified.