KSC, TITLE 19. MARINE RESOURCES
& Required Equipment
Section 19.301. Registration of fishermen and fishing
The Department may, by regulation,
require that all fishermen or any class of fishermen, or all vessels or any
class of vessels within the State be registered with the Department. If
registration is required by regulation, the Director shall maintain a written
register of fishermen and/or fishing vessels registered.
Section 19.302. Marking of fishing vessels and gear.
(1) The Department may adopt regulations requiring fishing vessels to display registration letters and numbers and other markings.
(2) All submerged stationary fishing gear or surface drifting gear must bear conspicuous surface marks using brightly colored buoys, flags or floating poles and night lighted markers. All surface marks must be visible in clear weather at a distance of at least one nautical mile. For nets, the markers must be placed at 50-foot intervals along the full length of the net.
Section 19.303. Vessel safety provisions.
No person shall operate a vessel in
the State fishery zone extending seaward from one mile beyond any reef without
the following equipment aboard:
(1) Reasonable amounts of food and water;
(2) An operable flare gun and flares, or a mirror;
(3) A sea anchor or dropue;
(4) Emergency rowing equipment;
(5) Life Jackets or other reasonable floating devices sufficient for all passengers; and
(6) 50 meters of line.
Section 19.304. Fishing Gear Requirements.
All fishing gear aboard a commercial
fishing vessel in the fishery waters must be stowed so that it is not readily
available for use, except where permitted under this Title.