KSC, TITLE 9. TAXATION & REVENUE SHARING
Chapter 4. Procedure and Regulation
Section 9.401. Inspection.
Goods arriving in the
State are subject to Government inspection. Regulation provides for
determination of value at inspection.
Section 9.402. Documentation.
Upon arrival of its
vessel in the State a carrier or its agent submits to the Director a copy of a
manifest, bill of lading or waybill for all goods on the vessel intended for
off-loading in the State. The consignee of the goods shall be responsible
for providing the Director with a copy of invoice. Regulation provides for
other particulars of documentation.
Amended by State Law 4-3.
Section 9.403. Regulations.
In addition to other
regulations required by this title the Director of the Department of
Administration and Finance establishes regulations for the payment and
collection of taxes imposed by this title, including the definition of terms
consistent with this title. Regulation may provide for:
(1) payment of sales tax no later than 120 days after the release of goods to a consignee;
(2) a presumption in favor of intended sale by certain categories of persons;
(3) requiring each seller of goods in the State to maintain a record of each sale he makes and to provide those records to the State;
(4) determination of sales value; and
(6) other matters necessary for an effective and fair tax collection.
Amended by State Law 7-1 and State Law