KSC, TITLE 6. THE JUDICIARY
Chapter 44. Accused's Rights
Section 6.4401. Rights.
An accused has the right
(1) have in advance of trial a copy of the charge upon which he is to be tried;
(2) consult counsel before trial and to have counsel of his choosing defend him at trial;
(3) apply to the Court for a continuance to prepare his defense, which the Court grants upon finding that prejudice to the defendant's defense would occur without an extension;
(4) call at trial witnesses of his choosing and to have witnesses summoned by the Court at his request;
(5) on his initiative give evidence on his own behalf at trial; and
(6) have proceedings interpreted for his benefit when he is unable to understand them.