KSC, Title 1. PROVISIONS OF
GENERAL APPLICABILITY TO CODE
Chapter 4. Contents of
Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae
Section 1.401. Code Revisions.
Revision and Publication Commission ("the Commission"), consisting of two persons employed
by the Executive Branch designated by the Governor and two persons employed by
the Legislature designated by the Speaker, is hereby created to:
(1) Correct manifest typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors, make other non-substantive corrections, and revise the format, including the system of section numbering, chaptering and titling, in the Kosrae State Code and in amendments thereto, without altering the intent of any legislative act;
(2) Make recommendations to the Legislature or Governor for clarification of specific provisions of State Law or Executive Regulations and the elimination of obsolete provisions;
(3) Call the attention of the Legislature or the Governor to conflicting State Law provisions, Executive regulations, and such other matters as it deems necessary;
(4) Compile and make available the "Selected Laws of the
State of Kosrae" and supplementary and replacement pages thereto; and
(5) Submit appropriation requests to the Legislature to
defray the costs of publishing the "Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae" and supplementary and replacement pages thereto.
Added by State Law
Section 1.402. Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae.
With the assistance of
the Office of the Governor, the Commission compiles and makes available, for use
by the Government and purchase by the public, a publication
called "Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae" containing:
(3) The Kosrae State Code, in English and Kosraean, with amendments, as revised pursuant to subsection (1) of Section 1.401, and with such supplementary and replacement pages as may be prepared;
(4) A full and accurate index of State Laws;
(5) Executive Regulations of the State of Kosrae, in English and Kosraean;
(6) Such annotations, historical notes, FSM and State Court rules and other information as the Commission deems appropriate to include;
(7) Certifications made pursuant to Section [1.404] 1.403.
Added by State Law
The reference in
subsection (7) of this section should be to Section 1.403 and not to Section
1.404, as no such section exists.
Section 1.403. Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae as Official Version of the Kosrae State Code; Effect.
(a) Upon compilation of the "Selected Laws of the State
of Kosrae", the Commission prepares a master copy, which becomes an official version upon certification of at least one of the designees of the Governor and one of the designees of the Speaker, respectively, that he has compared each section of the English version of the revised Kosrae State Code contained therein with the State laws enacting the original Kosrae State Code and any amendments thereto, and, with the exception of changes authorized by law, the sections set forth therein are correctly copied. Supplementary and replacement pages containing alterations or additions to the Kosrae State Code are likewise certified.
(b) The version of the Kosrae State Code [contained] in the official version of the Selected Laws of the State of Kosrae, as printed, published, revised, supplemented and certified in accordance with this chapter, constitute the official Kosrae State Code and may be cited as prima facie evidence of the state law in all courts of this State. That evidence may be rebutted with respect to a specific provision or provisions of the Code by proof that the cited provision or provisions differ from the enacted State Laws other than as allowed by this Chapter.