|DRAFT CSC, Title 5. The Judiciary|
§ 1411. General provisions.
§ 1412. Admiralty and maritime.
§ 1413. Actions brought in high court.
§ 1414. Change of venue.
(1) Except as otherwise provided, a civil action in which one of the defendants lives in the State of Chuuk
(2) If an action is based on a wrong not connected with a contract, it may be brought in a court within whose jurisdiction the cause of action arose.
(3) An action to collect a tax may be brought in a court within whose jurisdiction the defendant may be served.
(4) A civil action against a defendant who does not live in the State of Chuuk
(5) A civil action by or against the executor, administrator, or other representative of a deceased person for a cause of action in favor of or against the deceased may be brought in any court in which it might have been brought by or against the deceased.
Source: (Code 1966, § 339(a); Code 1970, tit. 6, § 101.) 6 TTC 3 § 101, modified.
Suit in an admiralty and maritime matter shall be brought in the court
Source: (Code 1966, § 339(b); Code 1970, tit. 6, § 102.) 6 TTC 3 § 102, modified.
(1) An action in the Chuuk State Supreme Court
(2) Any other action in the Chuuk State Supreme Court
(3) In all other cases, actions in the Chuuk State Supreme Court
Source: (Code 1966, § 339(c); Code 1970, tit. 6, § 103.) 6 TTC 3 § 103, modified.
(1) Nothing in this chapter shall impair the jurisdiction of a court over any matter involving a party who does not make timely and sufficient objection to the venue.
(2) If a matter is brought in the wrong venue, the court in which it is brought may, on its own motion or otherwise, transfer it to any court in which the matter might properly have been brought.
(3) The Chuuk State Supreme Court
Source: (Code 1966, § 339(d); Code 1970, tit. 6, § 104.) 6 TTC 3 § 104, modified.